Tater tot cupcakes?! You’ve read correctly!
That is right my friends. I was staring at my cupcake tins and something kept telling me, what can you create in these molds that is unexpected. When you see a tin you think, cupcakes with sweet goodness. This got my brain working how could i flip the switch and just confuse people. So i created some beyond burger mini sliders on top of a tater tot cupcake. i also added some followyourheart smoked gouda cheese, one onion ring, a few more tater tots and some barbecue sauce for good measure
i used a cookie cutter to make sure everything fit together. i cut out the burger patties before i cooked them, and used the scraps to form another patty so nothing was wasted. then i cut out circles on the cheese and it fit like a glove!
Now this isn’t so much a recipe, its just a way to show people you don’t have to give up any favorite foods to go vegan. these are super simple and quick to throw together if you’re in a hurry or if your kids/husband still want a burger!
So give these a try, if you can’t cook, this is your recipe! the work is already done for you. just follow my simple instructions and enjoy!
- 1-2 packs of beyond burger patties
- 4-8 slices of followyourheart smoked gouda slices
- 1 package of tater tots
- 1 package of onion rings
- vegan BBQ sauce
- preheat your oven following the instructions for the tots & rings. i cooked for 20 minutes at 400F/205C
- now use the cookie cutter to form your patties & cheese, its very simple! each patty makes 2 small patties
- cook your patties for 3 minutes on each side following the instructions on the package
- once your tots & rings are finished, grab a cupcake tin, grease it and add 8 tater tots to each space and smash them to form a perfect cupcake shape
- once finished put back into the oven at the same temp for 10 more minutes until it molds together
- thats pretty much it, assemble burger, then cheese, onion ring, tater tot and drizzle with some BBQ sauce all over it and dive right in!!