The many things one can do with a cauliflower
Raw Spring Rolls “The Rustic Vegan” style! Hello my friends. Here we go, a week of raw creations for you all to enjoy. I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile but the focus of my IG is to get the skeptics to put the animal products down and go plant based. That in itself is difficult enough, let alone trying to get anybody to go raw. I feel like raw is easier for the already converted, like myself and a lot of you. Since Ill be 90% raw for the next 60 days and I’m on week 2 now, this ones for all the converted plant based eaters!
Yes my friends that is not rice you see. What i created here is purple cauliflower & Kelp noodle spring rolls. you can fill these babies with whatever veggies you like, but for the sake of my “work” if you will, the picture in my head had no more than 3 colors otherwise i would had added lots more veggies. I like to use 2-3 colors in my creations as i feel when you use too many diff ones it becomes busy to the eye.
- 1 purple cauliflower
- Rice paper
- 1 lemon
- 1 bag of kelp noodles
- ½ packet frozen pitaya
- spices of choice
- mix warm water & the liquid from ½ pack of frozen pitaya. i like to blend it just so there are no clumps
- now pour the warm water over your noodles and let sit for 20 minutes till they are pink
- food process your cauliflower and divide rice in 2 bowls. pour juice of lemon over one bowl to change the hue of the purple. now you have two shades of purple to play with
- season the rice if you like and assemble with all your veggies
- I finished mine off with a dipping sauce i made from, liquid aminos, ginger, sriracha, maple syrup, garlic. you can add peanuts or peanut butter if you want a peanut sauce. Alright thats it, stay tuned for some more wild ideas this week. You can use any store bought peanut dipping sauce for these if you like.