Grab the kids, They are going to love this!
Taco shells for the kids! hey my friends. here’s a way to get the kids to eat something plant based. this is a super high protein recipe thats quick and easy. you could skip the shells and go for a burrito or lettuce wraps but i figured what kid doesn’t like pasta shells?! so lets combine taco meat + pasta shells and get on with it.
If you’ve never used TVP I’m letting you in on a game changer. you can find this at local grocery stores from @bobsredmill. I purchase lots of products from this company as I’m sure you do too. for one small bag of TVP it yields 132g of protein, yeah thats right! just for 1/4 cup is going to yield you 12g of protein. I use 1 cup for my serving which is nearly 50g of protein for one meal, talk about gains! Its like making your own beef crumble at home instead of purchasing something pre-made
- 2 cup TVP from @bobsredmill
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar from @followyourheart
- 1 cup restaurant style red salsa
- ½ or 1 bag of any taco seasoning mix of choice (or create your own)
- juice of 1 lime
- Pasta colored from @rawnice powders
- add your TVP and water on medium heat and cook for 10 minutes
- add your seasonings, juice of lime and cook for another 5 minutes
- now add your cheese & salsa, mix well and cook for another 10 minutes on medium-low
- it should start to dry up a bit and look like taco meat at this point!
- serve with any pasta of choice. i don’t need to tell you how to make pasta! save the left over meat for tacos, burritos, scrambles, or grab a spoon and eat it plain!