Are you drooling yet?
greetings my friends. today i am posting a recipe fail that i tried to save. i won’t divulge what my original intentions were but in the end the taste was fantastic. i adapted the burger recipe from my last eBook and turned these into small burgers / sliders. I also added some plant based swiss slices, pink hummus, red pickled onions & arugula. i will perfect my original idea next time around. we all need failures to become greater versions so i welcome these flops!
ill leave the recipe for you all to try. let me know how you like them if you make em! beware, most bean burgers don’t hold together that well when you take a bite but it’s also something i am trying new methods out as well to perfect. i just started messing with aquafaba which is exciting! will be sure to keep you all posted
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 onion caramelized
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 cup cooked red lentils
- 2 aquafaba eggs (6 tbsp liquid from drained chickpeas)
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 tbsp garlic purée
- 4 tbsp liquid aminos (soy/tamari)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats or almond flour
- caramelize your onion first on stove top and add to a large bowl with everything else
- mix well with hands and mash the beans with a masher
- refrigerate your burgers overnight or at least 1 hour before cooking then mold the shapes by using mason jar lids, pressing down firmly and carefully removing them from the mold
- use a non stick pan on medium low heat and cook each side around 4 minutes until crispy
- carefully flip and transfer to cool and immediately shape with a mason jar lid or any large lid before they cool that way they form perfect circles while they set
- thats it, finish these off any way you like whether its in a bun, lettuce or whatever sounds delicious to you!