Mexican street corn revamped
Hola amigos. For those unaware, my mother is Mexican so you can say Mexican food was a huge part of my upbringing. All the family get togethers and holidays were refried frijoles, rice, tamales and tortillas for days, but don’t forget the carnitas too.
Going plant based in the beginning meant cutting all Mexican food out. It wasn’t until I started learning how to cook I was able to reintroduce Mexican food back in my life in a new healthier way. One old classic was elote 🌽
This was the easiest thing I had ever made and it’s not really even a recipe it’s so simple. You can use this as a side dish or throw it on your tacos or salads. This is my version of elote bowls
- 1 bag frozen roasted or raw corn
- Juice of 1 lime
- Red onions / pickled red onions
- Handful cilantro
- ¼ cup shredded pepperjack plant cheese
- Mexican limon chili pepper seasoning
- Pink Salt (optional)
- throw it all in a large bowl mix it up and finish it off with the chili limon seasoning!